When it comes to embracing technology, we also have to embrace our ignorance. The landscape in e-commerce is changing every day and what […]
Zoobashop is a wholly Ghanaian-owned online shopping portal and the largest online store in Ghana, offering competitive prices on 20,000 plus product range. Being the number one Magento-based multivendor online marketplace, it attracts various vendors to place their products within a single service, thereby making it extremely convenient for customers to browse through and purchase under one virtual roof. Offering a wide range of consumer goods in different product categories from Phones & Tablets to Fashion & Beauty, to name but a few, coupled with an awesome service rendered to all shoppers as well as a variety of safe payment options Zoobashop is the right place to click through even for the most fastidious and experienced buyer.
By the time our collaboration began, we had already known that Zoobashop was one of the most prosperous and progressive online stores in Ghana. However, like any other online store, it was not devoid of malfunctions and shortfalls that had to be identified and addressed, such as non-responsive layout far from being crisp and sleek, to name a few. Along with that, Zoobahop’s team had their own lofty development goals and a global futuristic vision of what they wanted their company to evolve into. Their primary objective was to morph into a fully-fledged multivendor online marketplace enabling any business owner to register as a vendor and sell at Zoobashop. With this in mind, one of our key responsibilities was to incorporate the relevant functionality into the website therefore making it possible for any vendor to:
- Get access to a dashboard allowing them to add their own logo, choose categories for the products they are going to sell, and submit a request for adding products into those categories.
- Manage discounts and specials.
- Acquire access to reporting tool that helps sellers track the quantity of items purchased and the revenue they have received over a specified period of time.
- Have a special tool for bulk import of products providing an easy way to upload a plethora of products in one go.
More than that, Zoobashop expected to acquire:
- An option to set separate commission for individual vendor
- Social Media integration
- Super Deal Page encompassing all currently available deals of the marketplace
- Responsive website
- Magento Virtual Enterprise Edition based on the Community Version
As a result of a three-month meticulous working process, we were eventually able to cope with multitasking and fully transfer the customer’s ambitious vision into our customized solution:
- We managed to create an exclusive responsive web design that automatically fits any screen sizes and looks good on all devices.
- With reference to their business model, we integrated all relevant extensions tailored to their aforementioned needs and expectations.
- We provided a seamless mobile access to the website thus allowing vendors and buyers to trade on the go, and keep on developing iOS and Android Applications at present.
- On top of everything, Zoobashop team took advantage of our widely popular Magento Virtual Enterprise offer, which enabled them to get all the Enterprise perks permanently including advanced reporting, advanced web store performance, an array of marketing tools, customer segmentation suite and just so many many more, without the necessity of paying $24,000 a year. More than 5 years of expertise in custom development aligned with the exact set of ready-made, trustworthy Magento modules that we’ve got and grok, allows us to build a 100% legit “virtual” Magento Enterprise version on top of its free counterpart – Magento Community by means of incorporating Enterprise functionality to the free Community edition.
A fully functional multivendor online marketplace, a responsive website upgraded to the latest Magento version and updated with the latest security patches as well as strong, great relationship we managed to build up with Zoobashop team are those results we are justifiably proud of. Now we are flat-out happy to see Zoobahop enjoying huge organic traffic and staying ahead of the curve.
LET US MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR YOU TOO
SOME OF OUR BLOG POSTS
Have you ever heard of eCommerce businesses that started out great and lost steam along the way? It’s a pretty typical scenario, unfortunately […]
30% of all online shopping purchases now happen on mobile phones, which is kicked around alongside with the fact that these figures are […]
RESOLVED: AddShoppers social login critical vulnerability to give unauthorized access to user accounts?
If you happen to be one of the ‘1,000+ brands worldwide’ using AddShoppers’ social login plugin, you may want to keep reading.
Mavitech development team […]